Lenten Veggie Fast (Blessing the Earth)
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Lenten Veggie Fast
(Blessing the Earth)
Our goal is to engage in the spiritual discipline of a healthy diet and cleansing lifestyle that "blesses the earth" through ecologically sustainable and justice focused food choices and consumption habits.
How does it work?
At least one day per week during Lent, each person who "pledges participation" will eat a mindful diet focused on blessing the earth as well as her/his mind, body and spirit. We will provide education and inspiration for the journey.
We ask participants to pledge during Lent to:
- Eat locally grown, raised and produced foods whenever possible... reducing their carbon footprint and supporting local farmers.
- Observe at least one meatless day... for your health and the health of the planet (We recommend "Meatless Monday")
- Purchase and consume Fair Trade coffee and other products... a matter of justice by providing living wages for farm workers.
- Purchase and consume less processed foods... less packaging... less waste
- Eat produce grown organically or without chemicals... for the health of planet and you
- Avoid GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)... encouraging biodiversity- for the health of you and the planet
- Share your journey, ideas and challenges on our Facebook page
You can Pledge NOW to join the New York Conference "Lenten Veggie Fast (Blessing the Earth) simply by "liking" the new Facebook page where we will build our online community around the Lenten fast. It is not too early to start posting vegetarian recipes that you recommend.
What's happening at UCCNY.
The Little Free Food Pantry Blessing Box in Williamsville
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Reunite Families Task Group meets and offers suggestions
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
UCCNY Votes to Affirm Anti-Racism Resolution
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
UCCDM and UCCNY to host "Widening the Welcome" conference
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Conference Per Capita
Tuesday, April 10, 2018